WHO we’re looking for:
Sngular is looking for a Sr. DevOps engineer to work on transformational projects for a global financial institution located in Birmingham (AL). In this role, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of DevOps toolchain for complex engineering applications and you'll be required to be a subject matter expert on devOps best practices.
WHAT you’ll bring:
- CI/CD and Configuration Management. Design, build and optimize applications’ development and delivery pipelines.
- Automate applications and infrastructure deployments on private and public cloud.
- Setting up and maintaining Jenkins environment in large scale.
- Manage binaries artifact repository.
- Produce automation scripts to integrate between services and increase efficiency
- Write and troubleshoot automated builds and deployments.
- Provide consultation to teams on setting up testing frameworks and QA best practices into the release pipelines.
- Incorporate and maintain static and dynamic code analyzers, code coverage tools in build infrastructure.
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and the latest tools.
WHAT requirements we’re looking for:
- Fast learner and resolutive. Accustomed to to figuring out things on your own.
- IT Infrastructure knowledge and operating systems (Linux is a MUST).
- Configuring virtual networks, segmentation, reverse proxies.
- Deploying and configuring application/web servers: Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, nginx, etc.
- Design and deployment of platforms over public Cloud (AWS, GCE) or private (OpenStack)
- Infrastructure Configuration Management with Ansible, Puppet and/or Chef
- Experience deploying infrastructure with any container orchestration platforms: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift, AWS Container Service (ECS), Google Container Engine (GKE)
- Knowledge of Linux scripting (bash, perl, python, …)
- Experience in CI/CD environment with Jenkins
- Shell script
- Code hosting Git (Bitbucket)
- CI/CD server (currently Bamboo, migrating to Jenkins)
- Network knowledge
- Elastic Stack (Logstash, Filebeat, ElasticSearch Kibana)
- CloudWatch (alarms, events)
- EC2 ( Autoscaling groups resources, Launch configuration, load balancers, etc)
- ElasticSearch Service
- VPC (all services in network)
- IAM (services in roles, policies..)
- Route 53
- Code deploy
- API Gateway
WHAT we’ll bring:
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- Medical PPO & HDHP Plans
- Dental PPO Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness
- Group Legal Plan
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
WHAT you should know:
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.