We are looking for a Senior API Engineer who can demonstrate strong experience with Mulesoft technology and Elastic Stack for Analytics to help to maintain, enhance and support the API Development Teams and Platform Team.
Senior API Engineer should have the skills to work with stakeholders to translate functional and non- functional requirements into integration interfaces and implementations. The Senior API Engineer will be responsible for developing solutions for fit and scalability, while ensuring that they conform to long-term strategic priorities.
*Onsite opportunity and full time employee contract
What will you do?
- Help establish API program governance to support digital transformation and other key initiatives across the enterprise.
- Work closely with API Product owners to implement API life cycle management including API product features, product design and road map in alignment with business goals.
- Define, architect, and implement a target-state API toolset that will significantly enhance developer experience across the API lifecycle.
- Assists in the definition, development, communication, and implementation of standards, processes, and procedures for the team or department.
- Own and maintain local API Catalog in alignment with overall group API marketplace and plans to integrate and contribute to group’s API marketplace to support group business objectives.
- Management of API portfolio governance model to avoid duplicate efforts, plan to deprecate unused APIs, security and operational policies across APIs to ensure enterprise control compliance policies.
- Work closely with other technology teams to design and implement stable, secure and resilient API platform environment in which APIs are implemented including API Platform tools, capacity management and deployment options.
- Assist in the design and implementation of API runtime governance policies such as rate limit, authentication and authorization, third party API consumption metrics, managing operational exceptions and others.
- Work closely with Solution Architecture team and other key stakeholders on publishing reusable design patterns, API standards and compliance with enterprise reference architectures and technologies.
- Assists with project planning; provides technical leadership to project teams and/or leads project teams within own area/department and across functional teams.
- Procedure requirements are met; continuously identifies opportunities for improving security and implements strategies to improve our security posture
What will you need?
- 7+ years of experience in the enterprise application domain, Technical Application Development.
- 2+ years MuleSoft experience in transforming complex strategic business requirements into workable technology solution
- Experience with API monetization models and API analytics
- Proficient with Elastic Stack components, especially Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana required
- Experience with implementing banking industry standards such as BIAN and experience with Domain Driven Design
- Strong knowledge of REST principles and API design standards both functional and non-functional
- Professional experience identifying and gathering solution needs; performing risk analysis, defining architecture; acting and driving key stakeholder acceptance
- Experience defining architectural considerations and collaborating with Engineers on the direction for the development of solutions or enhancements
- Ability to communicate at all levels, build and foster relationships, including coaching and mentoring other architects, engineers, and business leaders
- Extensive experience and knowledge in API Testing Tools and Deployment Platform offered by Mulesoft.
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, Source Control CI/CD framework and how that’s set up for MuleSoft projects
- Experience in API Contract design and API design.
- Knowledge on standards for data exchange, API contracts, data dictionary
- Experience with API management tools (Mulesoft, API Connect) including API platform capabilities such as Caching solutions, exception and error handling solutions and others
- Elastic Stack (Kibana, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Beats): Installation, Administration, Troubleshooting, Monitoring
- Experience with Kibana: Usage – Discover/Visualizations / Dashboards
- Experience with Confluent Stack (Kafka): Installation, Administration, Troubleshooting, Monitoring
What we offer
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- Help with the recolation.
- Medical PPO & HDHP Plans
- Dental PPO Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness
- Group Legal Plan
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Udemy for business
WHAT you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.* This job is not eligible to be performed in the states of Colorado* Onsite opportunity and full time employee contract